Gary Kirby Tri (2008)

Monday, December 13, 2010

What's your temperature threshold?


Tonight while eating dinner with my friend and running partner Kim, instead of running in the crazy windy cold, we had a discussion about that the temperature threshold is. For cycling her threshold is 27 degrees. I'm not nearly as brave as she is...I HATE BEING COLD! My cycling threshold is probably about 40 degrees for a road ride, and 34 degrees for a mountain bike ride (I could probably go out in lower....but it's not likely). I think we decided that 22 degrees is the threshold for running.

So you have to understand that I live in the SOUTH. It doesn't get that cold in the winter....often. Today when we were planning to run it was 32 degrees out, but with the wind chill it was brought down to about 22 degrees. I got wind burn from walking my dog in my full length wool coat! Tonight it's supposed to get down to feeling like it's in the single digits! WHAT??? Again I live in the SOUTH!



So a road ride is 40 degrees, a mountain bike ride is 34 degrees, and running is 22 degrees. Now that the parameters are set it's time to get moving. But not tonight! *winks*

No comments:

Post a Comment